Polar Bear Cake Pops
So I made the polar bear cake pops yesterday. they are not perfect but I am satisfied with them. Of course they don't look as good as those at the Gaylord but then I am not a professional baker so not bad.
As usual I forgot to take photos during the entire process. I will detial the process here though.
8. Let all the pops sit a few minutes to set the chocolate so that the stick don't fall out and ears and snout do't fall off as you dip them.
9. Now you can thin the chocolate with Paramount Crystals ( I thinned my quite a bit as I wanted the chocolate to run easily.
10. Dip each pop in the chocolate and let excessive chocolate drip off. If you don't like the coverage or it seems a little thin let the chocolate drip a minute or two and then re-dip.
11. After the pop has finished dripping, set the pop on parchment paper on a tray and let dry.
12. Once these have dried, you can add eyes and the end of the snout.
For the eyes I used a bamboo skewer and dipped the blunt end into some milk chocolate and placed for one eye. I re-dipped for each eye.
For the snout, I used the same bamboo stick and made swirling motion almost forming a heart.
I did originally try pipping it on but it was to gloppy so I didn't do that for others.
You can see some of the pops did crack. I am not sure why that was as I didn't freeze or chill after the initial chill to set the balls. There were only a few that cracked so I will set those aside and not display those just have as extra's (don't worry they will taste just as good).
13. Next I added the snowflakes and bows. For this I poured chocolate on parchment paper right on the counter. I dipped each bow or snowflake into the chocolate and placed it on the pop.
14. You will want to hold it for just a few seconds to set it in place. By this time you chocolate is starting to dry do it doesn't take very long.
15. The last thing to do, after they have dried completely, is to wrap and tie bows on the wrap.
This wasn't very hard but it was time consuming. Make sure you have plenty of time to do this. The results are worth it as they are so cute.
Comments are closed.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.